The Light Mandala pertains to the world of inner vision (intuition) and spiritual knowledge. It regards the phenomena of myth, wholistic vision, mysticism, spirituality, true religion, as well as the magical occult powers and technologies. It is the domain of spiritual transformation and growth, of discerning wisdom (prajna) and transpersonal ways of knowing. The guiding wisdom of this gate is understanding the ways and nature of all things directly through experiencing the suchness of being and honing spiritual mastery.
Conversations with Teachers of Spiritual Enlightenment
The following is a list of links to conversations between Bill Harris and leaders in the spiritual field who are engaged with helping people awaken to the eternal present moment--what Eckart Tolle calls the "NOW".
These talks were provided to the the world by Bill Harris, the director of Centerpointe Research Institute, and creator of Holosync audio therapy and meditation support technology.
- Genpo Merzel Roshi: Merzel is abbot of Kanzeon Zen Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, which he founded in 1993. He received transmission in both Soto Zen and Rinzai Zen. As the author of five books to date, Merzel has recently been spending time marketing a meditative technique which he calls, "Big Mind". He lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with his wife.
- Ken Wilber: Ken is an American author who writes on psychology, philosophy, mysticism, ecology, and spiritual evolution. He has been described as New Age, although his writings are critical of much of the New Age movement. His work formulates what he calls an "integral theory of consciousness." He is a leading proponent of the integral movement and founded the Integral Institute in 1998 in Boulder, CO. While Wilber has practiced Buddhist meditation methods and the teachings of Madhyamika Buddhism and of Nagarjuna in particular underpin his work, Wilber does not self-identify as a Buddhist.
- Diane Hamilton: Diane is a trainer for Integral Institute and a senior student of Zen meditation under Genpo Merzel Roshi. She is also a professional mediator, group facilitator, and trainer in conflict resolution. Diane has been a student of Zen for over 20 years. She has a Masters Degree in Contemplative Psychology from Naropa Institute, in Boulder, Colorado. She is a facilitator of Big Mind, a process designed by Genpo Roshi to bring the insights of Zen meditation to western audiences.
- Sally Kempton: Sally is one of today's most experienced and insightful teachers of meditation and spiritual growth. She offers heart-to-heart transmission in meditation through the Awakened Heart meditation workshops, classes, retreats and yoga philosophy trainings. Her book, The Heart of Meditation: Pathways to a Deeper Experience, was published under her former monastic name of Swami Durgananda, and she currently writes a column for Yoga Journal.
- Byron Katie: Byron is an American speaker and author who teaches a method of self-inquiry known as "The Work of Byron Katie" or simply as "The Work."
- Saniel and Linda Bonder: Saniel and Linda are a husband-wife team of spiritual teachers, awakeners, and destiny-empowerment specialists.
- Bill Harris: A graduate of Portland State University, Bill also has three years of graduate study in music, studying with world-renowned Czech composer Tomas Svoboda and Spanish composer Salvador Brotons. He is a Certified Trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming and is trained in Ericksonian Hypnosis. He is a long time student of contemporary psychology, quantum mechanical physics, the evolution of non-linear systems (chaos theory) and the effects of a wide range of neurotechnologies on human change, evolution and healing. He is known for his ability to explain difficult subjects in a way that makes them easy to understand.